From: michael furse [mailto:michael.furse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 5:44 AM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Installation of Red Hat

We have upgraded our hardware. I am endeavouring to recycle all of our
old workstations (500 Mhz Celerons with 64mb RAM)  in order to offer
them to colleagues at no cost. Those remaining (and there should be a
few) are due to be given to a local state infants school. I wish to
install Linux and other open-source software on these machines, and
ideally to remove the existing W98 installation and accompanying files.
I have downloaded Linux 9 from Fedora but my attempts to get it running
have so far been a spectacular failure. Any constructive advice,
preferably based on previous experience, would be much appreciated.

Fuzzy