Re: Building a home directory

Adam T. Gautier wrote:
I have implemented an LDAP server for system logins. To create a new user I create an LDIF file and load it into the LDAP server and then create the home directory. My question is how do get the home directory to be created with the default settings for a home directory (bash settings and what not). Thx.

By convention, the contents of /etc/skel are copied to new users' home directories when their accounts are created. Is this what you're looking for?

Cheers,
Martin