Re: calendar or pim for gnome?

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 03:39:19PM -0300, Mariano Draghi wrote:
> Clint Harshaw escribió:
>

> >If you want something brief for the desktop, you can try gdeskcal, which
> >is available via yum install gdeskcal. There are many skins available
> >for it that would suit just about any desktop background.
>
> Wow! I didn't know of that thing... and that pointed me direct to gDeskLets.
> Is this something new?
>
> It seems these guys have developed a very extensible architecture!
> Have anyone tried this?
> Is it as nice and *easily* extensible as they say?
> Many screenshots at Linucs.org show gDeskLets in action.
>
> I wonder why Gnome / KDE / or even the distros don't pay more attention
> to these kind of projects. I think that with a good QA, some of these
> little handy things could be nicely integrated by default into the
> desktops and/or themes... we could then have a very "innovative" ;)
> desktop (has anybody seen one of those previews of the integrated bars
> that Redmond is planning for Longhorn?)

gDeskLets, very nice;)

with the dag repository added to apt, i installed gDeskLets
apt-get install gdesklets-goodweather

I think I will use the squirrelmail calendar for my cal, but for the
laptop I needed a gnome desktop program.  Anyone know what happened to
the Gnome/GTK calendar program which used cal as a backend and why
it's not installed with Fedora?  Perhaps it was called gcal or
gcalendar, I will investigate...

Hum, is there a cal server in which a user can sync their calendar
files from laptop to desktop?

Evolution...
Sorry, I don't use Evolution.  I do not want to download my mail and
the imap setup in Evolution isn't pretty with all the folders in the
left pane.  I see no reason to use Evolution for just a pim and when
using Evolution as my email client, it does not allow you to customize
all the headers like mutt.

thanks,

jay