RE: Problem with monitor/keyboard/mouse switch

Hi,

> I have had the same problem even with RH 8.0.  I have a Belkin switch
> that allows me to move back and forth between 3 different systems.
> Everything works perfectly unless I switch from a gui Windows XP to
> the gui on Fedora FC1 or Red Hat 8.0.  My only solution has been the
> same as yours which is to move to a terminal mode and then back to the
> gui.  I'll be watching your thread to see if there is another
> solution.

Do you have to do this switching if you shift between FC1 and RH8? Have
you tried shifting the connectors at the back of the switch around so
that instead of "A" being XP, "B" FC1 and "C" RH8, "A" is FC1, "B" is
RH8 and "C" is XP (electrical differences have been known to cause what
you describe!)

TTFN

Paul

P.S. You email client seems to be broken - it doesn't understand word
wrap at 80 chars etc... I don't know of any Linux one where such a
fundamental problem can be observed.
--
"There are four stages to any war
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you