Re: NFS Mounts

Dan Weisenstein wrote:

Gregory Woodbury wrote:

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 03:21:08PM -0700, Dan Weisenstein wrote:

Trying to mount a Fedora filesystem to the SuSE system results in permission denied. Trying to mount a SuSE filesystem on Fedora results in connection refused. Ugh...

Dan

Are you sure there isn't a firewall problem? That was what I ran into when NFSing between FC1 and FC2t1. The "default" firewall blocks NFS unless you make sure to allow all traffic on the LAN interface.

The firewall on both systems is disabled...

As odd as this seems, give it a try, it will do no harm and has cleared such a problem for me.
On the nfs server:
service nfs stop
rm -rf /var/lib/nfs/*tab
service nfs start
# Try the mount again at the other system.

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021