Re: Postgresql problem

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 02:36, Aaron O'Hara wrote:
> Take a look at netstat -tap and see of postgres is running.  I installed
> the latest package/rpm (7.4.2) and, by default, postgres wasn't listening.
> I changed the postmaster startup to include the -i parameter so that it
> would listen.

Please use the 'tcpip_socket' line in postgresql.conf instead of -i.  When the
initscript is updated the next time you upgrade PostgreSQL, you will lose
your -i.  But postgresql.conf will not get this treatment, and it is the
recommended way of doing this in the RPM environment.  At least it is by me,
but what would I know?  All I do is maintain the RPMs....
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology