Re: x86_64 boot problem

Peter J. Stieber wrote:
I hope this is the correct list. Please direct me to the proper forum if it
isn't.

I have the following HW that I am hoping to use in a compute cluster.

MB: Tyan Tomcat K8S(S2850G2N)
RAM: 1GB - DDR 2700 via 2 - 512MB modules
CPU: AMD Opteron 146
Video: Built in ATI Rage
HD: Maxtor 80GB 7200 RPM IDE ULTRA ATA133

I have successfully loaded the i386 version Fedora Core 1 using a boot
floppy, a network floppy and an http shared mirror of the fedora
distribution.

Now I am trying to install the x86_64 version using an ATAPI DVD drive I
have temporarily connected to the secondary IDE on the system. When I boot
from CDROM I get

boot:
Ready.

  Try "linux apci=off iommu=off".

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.