Re: Langa bashing (was Re: Problems getting Linux into homes)

Danny Anderson wrote:
DISCLAIMER:
I apologize for this having little to do with Fedora (if I remember correctly, Langa didn't try Mandrake or Fedora versions of Linux). Bad behavior should be confronted and rebuked, or it just festers. Way too many emails go out with people saying things they would never have the guts or credibility to even mutter under their tongues in public. Delete/flame/read on:

SOAPBOX:

I actually subscribe to the Langa list that talked about the article in question. There is no real point to knock Fred Langa- he has been around for a long time and he knows what he is talking about. The insults are childish knee-jerk reactions. To be quite frank, it is pathetic to see some of the things people are willing to commit to an email and distribute. Whoever came up with the idea that making baseless insults about somebody else will somehow increases one's credibility should be flogged. Then shot. Then flogged again.

As far as Fred Langa goes, *please* don't take my word or anybody else's word about the man's qualifications. I would urge people to read a few of the LangaList newsletters (www.langa.com/) and make up their own minds. The guy is putting it out there for free, anybody can check it out and formulate their own opinions.

Thank you Danny. I have been a suscriber to the LangaList for longer than I care to remember; the guy really does know his stuff. Knocking his supposed ignorance in the basis of a perfectly true article is frankly absurd and only exposes the blinkers outlook of those with little experience of the real world of computers out there.

Don't get me wrong! I love my Fedora system on my laptop here, and I've been able to do things with my Fedora firewall/mailserver that would be close to impossible without spending a lot of money on a Micro$soft system.

Some people ought to get out more.

John