Re: Dual head AGP video card recommendations

Bill Pemberton wrote:
Doug Stewart writes:

Errrm, that second one should be "GeForce FX 5700".

And the install is dead easy: download the nVidia installer and run it as root, then edit /etc/X11/XF86config to reflect "nvidia" instead of "nv". If you want instructions on dualhead mode, search nVidia's docs for "TwinView".

Any nVidia should be just as easy since they now use a unified driver.
As another data point, I'm using a GeForce FX 5600 for my dual head
setup.

I use a GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP 8x in dual-head mode. Just installed the nvidia drivers and enabled Twinview. Only thing I have noticed is the fonts in Mozilla are now huge. Other than that, works great.