CD player does not send output to sound card

Hi,
I'm totally newbie in Linux, and I'm having lots of problems but I'm determined to tackle them one at a time.

At the moment the problem that I'm having is with my CD-Rom drive. It doesn't seem to send the audio output to the soundcard. Whenever I put an audio CD in there, Fedora recognized it right away and plays the audio track, but no sound comes from the speaker. But when I rip the CD into the hard disk, the sound comes OK.

I can only get the sound if I plug the speakers directly into the headphone jack of the CD ROM drive. If I plug the speaker to the jack of the soundcard, I get no sound at all.

It could be some wiring problem (hardware problem), but it works with Windows XP.

Thanks in advance, and greetings from Bali.
Netkuis Instan untuk wilayah Bandung (kode area 022) - SD,SMP,SMA berhadiah total puluhan juta rupiah... periode I dimulai 1 April 2004