Re: madwifi quite unusable for several kernel versions

Am Sa, den 17.04.2004 schrieb Satish Balay um 16:46:
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Peter Boy wrote:
>
> > I have severe problems with the madwifi driver (CVS version as of Apr
> > 16). It used to be very stable until the fedora kernel 2 or 3 versions
> > [...]
> I've been using a CVS snapshot from feb-18 (before they redid the
> build proces) - and it works pretty well for me.
>
> http://dag.wieers.com/packages/kernel-module-madwifi has jan-7 and
> mar-12 snapshots - the rpms for 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl have not yet been
> built. Perhaps you can grab these src.rpms - and try building them
> yourself..

Well, I'm using the march-12 snapshot for some days (with 2179 and with
previous kernels). Stability is much better now, but not as stable as it
has used to be with even earlier versions. The behaviour is independent
from the kernel version. There seem to be some heavy load problems which
are diskussed on the madwifi list. Developers are addressing it, but it
may take some time.

As an advice: Everyone who is using madwifi should keep a backup copy of
march of february shapshots at hand.

Peter