Re: Langa bashing (was Re: Problems getting Linux into homes)

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 20:19, William Hooper wrote:
> bbales said:
> > And I still can't get Realplayer or
> > any
> > sound system to work with Opera 7.23 and RH-9 after three weeks of off
> > and on
> > trying.
>
> So, to paraphrase, you can't get one third-party product to work with
> another third-party product, and this is the OS's fault?  Pretty bad
> example.
>
> --
> William Hooper

The point I am trying to make is if I fire up my windows98 boxand use internet
explorer to go to a site with sound, I can hear the sound.  I've installed
Linux on probably 40 or 50 boxes and I can't get sound on my own box.  I
correspond with folks who can't even tell me what browser they are using, but
they can get sound with it.

Linux is great, but it ain't easy.   Yet.
bruce