Re: DSL Tweaking

Am Mo, den 19.04.2004 schrieb Luc Bouchard um 18:43:

> I must disagreee with you here Alexander, when we setup our RH9 box for DSL we did in
> fact need to make some changes to the TCP stack on the box.  Unfortunately, I don't have
> access to the box from work and can't list the changes we made.  However the first item
> on a google search for "Linux performance tuning" willl bring you to the site we used
> for the basis of our tweaking.  Granted most of the performance enhancement was for
> Apache and FTP, my downloads speeds from the internet to my internal workstation were
> not affected.

What you changed in details would then be good to know and how it really
affected the upstream.

> Also, the pppoe script need to be modified for the MTU size, but this was at the
> direction of my ISP for their configuration.

So your ISP uses non common values or technique? To which value did you
have to change the MTU? Are you referring to the mssclamping?

> YMMV.
>
> Luc Bouchard

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 18:52:36 up 1 day, 1:38, load average: 0.61, 0.48, 0.34
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]