Re: Fedora light (lite)

Trond Huso schrieb:

Yesterday I tried to install Fedora on a small laptop (133mhz, 32 mb ram,
1,5 gb harddisk). As you all can see is that this machine doesn't have power
or space to run Fedora. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make Fedora
smaller and less hardwareconsuming? And also with a desktop.

I tried to install as few items as possible, but the installation still was over 700 mb.

In the past I've built firewalls on small drives (like 250M) by booting from a Linux utility CD and manually setting up the partitions,. Then I manually installed RPMs until the dependency errors went away. Start with the kernel and install whatever it needs etc. You have to use the '-r' switch to rpm to tell it where the root of the filesystem is.

But this is very time consuming and it still gets pretty big.

Or you could try deselecting ALL the packages in the install. It then should still install enough to boot (hopefully?), but you then have to go through and install anything you need manually.