Re: Motherboard Change- will Fedora survive?

Actually, I'm a re-seller, which is why I decided to get off my arse and start devoting some time to learning Linux. I don't normally have to deal with ECS directly. I return all defective MB's to my supplier for exchange. Their tech support team, when needed, is readily available for information exchange. Thus far the only MB manufacturers that have answered e-mail tech support queries have been ECS and A-bit. (Minor spec info); many of the others never bothered. I've been giving ECS a try since I had difficulty ( personally ) with A-bit and Asus. I sell quite a bit of the latter. I got a scare with A-bit when I received 7 defective KG7-Lite motherboards in a row. The Asus situation seems to be bad luck on my part. My customers are rarely as unlucky as myself... ;-)
If you are buying another ECS mobo, then you have not had to contact ECS
support.   ;-)

The transition should go very smoothly. The AGP port for the VT600
chipset is not well supported with the 2.4 kernels, so if you are
looking for fast 3D graphics, you will probably want to go to a 2.6 kernel.