Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 2, Issue 187

Xiaotian Sun wrote:

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 22:42, fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 9
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:14:12 -0700
From: Scott Talbot <talbotscott@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mozilla 1.6 and 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 17:31, Xiaotian Sun wrote:

Hi All:

I just update my kernel to 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl via up2date (yum).  Along
the way I also update all the dependencies determined by up2date.  Now
my mozilla 1.6 stop working.  When I try to start mozilla, a window
flashes and then mozilla just exits.  Does anyone knows what went wrong?

	This is a fairly common problem with mozilla.  Usually part of Mozilla
is left running on your system.  Try starting the monitor and kill any
mozilla programs you see, or (better) at the terminal execute:

su -
<enter root password>

kill -9 mozilla

Scott

sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear. it's not because there's some dead mozilla process. it happens on a freshly booted machine, after updating the kernel, along with some dependencies. so I suspect it may be some library problem. but I'm not sure.

thank you very much my friend, I am listening also to Joe Cocker, I should be at rest and go walking on the beach, what i will do

--
Vink