xscreensaver + tyan smp == ugh! (i think)

It has taken me awhile to figure out what is happpening, but on my dual cpu tyan mobo, running FC1 (fully updated), I am getting some nasty lockups and X strangeness after perhaps 2-3 days of running.

Today X started just drawing frames only, and alt-tab popped up the graphical switcher, but there was no mouse and the keyboard was not switching between apps. This happened when I touched the mouse after the screensaver had been running for awhile. Usually, the machine locks up hard when this happens, but this time I could ssh into it.

I slowly started killing apps, and when I got to xscreensaver I suddenly got everything back...mouse, keyboard, window repaints, etc. So I am not sure if it is xscreensaver or the box has funky hardware, or maybe something else, but I thought I would mention it in case it is a common issue for others.

TIA,
John