Re: Linux doesn't boot up

Nancy Demers wrote:
There was a spelling error in my email (the GRUB
command is correct - kernel)

Thanks for the suggestion on init 3.  The error is in
the firewall.  I attempted to add nofirewall as a
kernel parameter... but didn't work.  Aside from
reinstalling without a firewall, is there any way to
bypass this initialization?

chkconfig is the script that manages what services start at boot time. To turn off the "firewall" services - ipchains, iptables and ip6tables - try something like the following:

chkconfig --level 2345 ipchains off
chkconfig --level 2345 iptables off
chkconfig --level 2345 ip6tables off

When logged in as root.