Re: FC1 on Intel 440GX

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:36:58 -0400
From: "MW Mike Weiner \(5028\)" <MWeiner@xxxxxx>
Subject: FC1 on Intel 440GX
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

I am having an issue installing FC1 on an Intel 440GX motherboard, and
specifically the problem appears to be with the Adaptec AIC7xxx driver
which just hangs, and anaconda never does find any disks to install to.
I have had this issue in the past with other machines, and in the past
the apic vs noapic option to the kernel seemed to work, as did pulling
down the correct Adaptec DUD and using that as my driver disk. However,
none of these are working, and i was wondering if anyone else has found
this problem and a possiblem solution.

Go to http://greg.wildman.co.za/linux/440GX_bootdisk/ and grab boot_440gx.iso, then burn it onto a CD and boot from it.

Worked fine for mine (SGI 1200L cluster)!

-- JONATHAN B. HOREN UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR E: horen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Inter-University Computation Center T: +972-(0)3-640-5203 Tel-Aviv University F: +972-(0)3-640-9118 Ramat-Aviv 69978 Israel