Re: Problems with Up2date

yum and up2date are too slow.  Use apt from www.freshrpms.net.  It not only has faster download speeds but also has a larger database of RPMs to use.

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 19:25, Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:
David Carter wrote:

>I have installed a fresh Core 1 and tried to update.  I keep getting GPG
>errors and when I install the packages X will not run anymore, I get missing
>Lib errors. Can you help?

David,
try to use "yum update" . It will take longer , but it may work.. You
should also read
http://fedoranews.org/tchung/howto/2004-01-15-yum-speed.shtml to learn
how to configure yum to use mirrors. The problem you are probably having
is corrupted downloads on up2date caused by server issues... (the
default up2date server gets really busy sometimes and this can cause
broken downloads , which appear in up2date as GPG errors).

--
Pedro Macedo
Benjamin Arai

Email: benjamin@xxxxxxxxxxxx