RE: Too many dependencies? was: Is Linux always so frustating?

I completely disagree, Centrino? Better engineered? If you ever load a
Centrino you will quickly realize the Intel just successfully got you to
pay top dollar for a slow processor. There is nothing "better
engineered" in a Centrnio. It runs only marginally faster than it's
donor platform (p3) at equal speeds.

It is a lower power chip because it essentially a p3 core scaled down on
smaller traces so they could lower the v-core. They threw some extra
cache on the die to make it run smoother, and *poof* old product = top
dollar for minimum R&D costs. Centrino is a Intel profit center for
people that buy what the nice salesmen says is better.

Bottom line: Moore's Law states that every 18 months CPU speeds will
double. This will not change. What will change is 64bit will replace
32bit, and we will see more lateral scaling, either in broader SMP use,
or multi-thread single CPU's, (similar to Hyper-Threading).