Re: POLICY: Moving discussions around

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook said:

> Ummmn Yeah, just as long as fedora stays focused on being easy to
> upgrade without trashing existing configurations.
>
> I'd have to add a bunch of 3rd party software to my fedora installation
> only to trash half of it by upgrading...

How 3rd party software handles an upgrade is 100% a function of said 3rd
party software, not Fedora.

As an example, the FC2 test releases have X.org instead of XFree86.  Any
3rd party software the mistakenly has a dependency on XFree86 instead of
the actual files it needs will fail a dependency check.  How is this
Fedora Core's fault?

--
William Hooper