Re: Too many dependencies? was: Is Linux always so frustating?

Robin Laing wrote:

> If I am setting up a workstation for a secretary and I don't want to
> allow Internet browsing, why should I install Mozilla. If the address
> book code is required for OOo, then put the code in a separate
> package.

This suggestion...needs to be taken upstream to mozilla development.
Can the Fedora packagers split off libraries into separate
packages...yes....but that fractures the package sets compared to other
distributions. The right solution is to take this up with mozilla
development upstream...and encourage them to make an effort to split the
libraries from the actual application. So its easier for ALL the
distributions to repackage the libs separately from the app.

-jef