Re: Too many dependencies? was: Is Linux always so frustating?

If you don't want browsing for specific LAN clients, don't cripple the distribution, control it at a web proxy on the server.

William Hooper wrote:

Robin Laing said:

If I am setting up a workstation for a secretary and I don't want to
allow Internet browsing, why should I install Mozilla.  If the address
book code is required for OOo, then put the code in a separate
package.  I can understand the dependencies for libs but not for
applications.  How is the OOo download from OpenOffice.org handle this?

Well, you install Mozilla so you can use the library...

If you were doing a customized build (as opposed to the general build that
FC needs), you could remove the address book sections that require it.