Re: off topic evolution

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 21:27, Chadley Wilson wrote:
snipped
> > Yes, this is very easy.
> > After the mbox file is saved, delete them from the current folder
> > they're in by clicking on the trashcan icon at the top or by using the
> > delete key.
> >
> > Keep in mind that you'll only want to "archive" a few hundred messages
> > at a time if you have large messages or 1000 at a time if they are
> > small.
> > snipped
> > --

Well this was certainly very interesting, I have used this method. I
must say Very very effiecient, It took about two secs to create a single
mbox file with all the mail I had chosen 10,000 of them at a time
despite your advice [Sorry] I just thought I would test my luck.
I have now imported that file just to check and it is perfect. So I did
one more test which was put the file on my backup server and on cdrom.
It imports perfectly just takes about 3 minutes per file, which is no
problem. I have sat in front of Win boxes for many hours doing restores.

An interesting observation that I must add windoze seems to have so many
complicated methods of doing things, when in actual fact it just over
engineered. Here I was looking for the equivalent tools for linux and
theres no need for it.

Kevin I must say thanks for your advice it certainly rocks my world.
You go boy!
--
Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.