Re: FC1 + linux 2.6?

jludwig wrote:
On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 14:51, Martin Stone wrote:

Anyone had experience putting a 2.6.x kernel RPM on top of FC1? I'd love to see a definitive list of things that you have to change when doing this. So far, for me:

Had to point X and gpm at /dev/input/mice - you can symlink /dev/mouse and /dev/psaux to /dev/input/mice, but according to developers this is a no-no.

Keep getting "nfs warning: mount version older than kernel" whenever I mount a NFS filesystem. Not sure what I should do about this?

Seem to get "INIT: version 2.85 reloading" on the console every so often. I have no idea why it is doing this.

Kudzu does the Hardware Removed for my e100 and e1000 as well as my mouse, then does the Hardware Added thing for the same devices - irritating! If I let it time out or tell it to do nothing, everything works fine.

Everything else seems to work fine so far. Anyone else had any experience with this?

Cheers,
Mart

PS - To anyone on the fedora-devel list, sorry I initially posted this message there - dumb mistake.

You can turn kudzu off by; chkconfig kudzu off

Yeah, I know, but I wanted to avoid doing that and have everything "just work" - no need to even turn it off really; it just delays my first boot by 30 seconds.

Thanks.