kppp counterpart in gnome?

Hi,
I'm switching from KDE to Gnome (under FC1), and I'd like to know which
is the proper way to configure my dial-up connections.
After Googling for a while looking for suggestions, I ended up using
'wvdial' from a command line, and I really *don't* like it that way.
Despite the fact I rather use a GUI, there's something about the
permissions in between: I can't dial unless I 'sudo' wvdial (is that
correct?). I found a forum where they suggested that chmoding +s wvidal
and pppd, and changing the permissions in the device will do the trick.
But it didn't work for me, and I'm not sure how can that could affect
the security.

I tried to use the "modem_lights" applet, but this ifup / ifdown default
thing doesn't work. I tried to replace it with wvdial using the
preferences, but then again it fails (I suppose because of the
permissions). Apart from that, I have several ISP accounts, and that
applet won't let me choose which one to use.

So, my question is, which is the default, common, secure, painless,
friendly way to make a dial-up connection in Gnome, if any?

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano