From: Joe Duke [mailto:jduke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 1:18 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Fedora mount a corrupted Win Fat32 (vfat) file system

   If the FAT32 volume resides on /dev/hda2 I doubt that overwritting
the
MBR is going to help.  If the partition table is corrupt, you'll
overwrite
it with the new MBR, which will create a new set of headaches.  The fact
that 'fdisk' sees the partition leads me to suspect that either the
Volume
Boot Record or FAT are corrupt.  I would recommend using a tool such as
Norton Diskedit to examine the VBR and FAT and see what is reported.  If
the
1st FAT is corrupt, you can copy the 2nd FAT to the clipboard and write
it
back to the 1st FAT.  If you do that, make sure to syncronize the File
Allocation Tables before you exit.

- JD