Re: 100Mbps Ethernet Speed/Efficiency

Ow Mun Heng wrote:
Hi Guys,

Is there any way that I can determine what's the bottleneck?
FYI, I'm using iftop.

Mun,
You might want to install ttcp and test your network with this utility (see http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/pcattcp.htm ). You basically set one computer to be a ttcp reciever and then use ttcp to transmit some data from the other machine. My understanding is it sends data from memory buffers, thus this would take your hard drive out of the loop. You may need to open or disable your firewall for the test ports.

Thanks,

Dale