Re: Acrobat Reader problem

duncan brown wrote:
i may have missed this before, but why aren't you using the GPL acrobad readers?  xpdf and gpdf (xpdf is more feature happy, gpdf's newer version that ships with fc2 has the features that xpdf has, but the fc1 gpdf is kind of stripped down.)

-d

My own reason for needing acroread over xpdf and gpdf is for work-related forms that are expected to be completed prior to submitting for approval. Maybe there is a way to do that with xpdf or gpdf, but I don't know how to do that. I sure would like to learn though!

I'd gladly switch back to xpdf (since I exclusively use xpdf at home), but if a reimbursement check gets held up or returned because "You didn't follow the rules and complete it online before submitting" then I'm in a bind -- more than usual. <grin> I have to agree with them, since the pdf forms do the calculations automatically, and that reduces the chance of errors.

I can't seem to print with gpdf -- this has been discussed before on the list -- and that is a serious hinderance for an app designed to work with documents typically headed for a printer! I hope this is one of the features that will be included in FC2.

Clint