Re: Custom Kernel HOWTO

I noticed (in kernel 2.4.22) some features
has been hidden in xconfig (ntfs support for example).
In menuconfig it was ok.
Is it known issue?

michalz

jludwig wrote:
On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 23:54, William Sullivan wrote:

Could anyone point me the way of a straight forward HOW TO on building a
custom kernel.  I have found a few but they were a little confusing.  Thanks

For my money the best is the help that comes with the xconfig
program and the kernel "README". Also you won't hurt anything
messing some kernel compiles up a few times, so, just play with
the configuration programs. All can be fixed with the command
make mrproper.