Re: Installation of the latest release

Naron wrote:

Have downloaded the version of Fedora released about a week ago, confirmed the images and burnt them to cd. They do not boot however on startup of my machine. As I am hanging out to see the product I was wondering if anyone knew of a FAQ that could help me. I have had a look at the download section on the official website and it does not appear to help. Am happy to answer any questions that I may.
Also, if this has been asked 15000 times before, please email me direct with any advice as I dont want to waste peoples time with the same old stuff. I would go searching for answers but have to head off to work and want to be part of it all as soon as possible.

This was asked last week and answered on this list. You need to subscribe to 'fedora-test-list', since you are using a different version than what is covered here. From what I read, there is a bug in the installer, and you have to get and burn the first Fedora Core 1 disc, boot from it, then insert your first disk from Fedora Core Test 2.