Re: Search for a good desktop(NOT desktop environment)

Didier Casse wrote:
On 02/04/04, at 20:31 -0600, John Thompson <JohnThompson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:28:28 +0530
Kaustubh Ghosh <meetkaustubhghosh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone know of a good desktop (NOT desktop environment) for
Linux? I have kicked out both gnome and kde recently as they couldn't
give me speed, and I am using blackbox now which is perfectly fine
and superbly fast. but i need a desktop for putting some icons and
shortcuts if possible. I am using ROX Filer as file manager. It is
supposed to be able to function as a desktop (pinboard, in their
lingo), but doesn't work with me. The desktop better be as minimal as
possible.

http://www.xfce.org

--

Enlightenment!

www.enlightenment.org

E beats them all in terms of speed, power, design, slickness. Download E
and fell the power of a robust desktop. :-p

This interested me, but after looking at it for a few hours I can't get the damn thing to install on Fedora. It needs libraries (libjpeg, GTK) that already exist on my system but configure still tells me they don't exist.

Has anyone got this running on FC1 ?

John