Re: Any plans for a font install tool?

On 4 Apr 2004, at 15:37, Dexter Ang wrote:

Actually nope, these aren't "taught" during the installation. Definitely
very unintuitive for those not yet used to it.

Wouldn't it be great if Fedora automatically mounted your NTFS partitions (not going to happen - I know) and found your C:\windows\fonts folder and copied the fonts over for you ;), during the install wizard.

The font's are easy enough to copy over but the window is a bit whacky sometimes and I had to login and logout and also restart X to get my newly install font's to work. A definite improvement however over what it used to be like, setting XFT up by hand.

Martin Alderson,
IntechHosting

Email: martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.intechhosting.co.uk