Re: network newbie

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 15:12:29 -0800 (PST), Henry Widd <henrywidd@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Hi, I am have just got broadband installed and have it working on my Linux box. Now I wanrt to set up a network with the other computers in my house - 2 pc's and a mac.
>I have a cable modem connected via ethernet card. My plan is to use a second ethernet card in my pc to connect it to a hub, and then connect the other pcs to this hub.
>Since most stuff in docs that i have found is quite specific and has a lot of jargon, I'm struggling to find sccesible info on how to configure this network. If you have any advice or know of a suitable tutorial please let me know.
>Thanks,
>Henry

That seems like a lot of overkill.  Go out and buy a broadband router.  Plug
it into the DSL modem and plug the rest of your computers into the router.
The router will do any necessary logins to the cable system and act as a DHCP
and DNS server for your network.

Go to http://salescircular.com to look for deals at local stores.
--
   Steve