mozilla brokenness

Hey people,

Well, I'm currently running mozilla-1.4.1-18. All of a sudden, logins to
my Gallery app aren't working, even though I haven't changed any
settings, am accepting cookies, javascript enabled, etc etc. It's just
broken.

So, I download and install mozilla 1.6 at /usr/local. I fire it up, and
Gallery logins work fine. Unfortunately, the fonts look like hell. How
do I get this new version to pick up the fonts that the Fedora packaged
version was using? Fonts available to one should be available to the
other, no?

Thanks,
Mike

--