Re: AW: Fedora Core 1 Installation via NFS / no Fedora Core InstallationTree

Tobias Glasow wrote:

hello again,

i am just getting desperate with this problem. is there nobody out there,
who could help me? :)

tobias

any more ideas what is going wrong?

I have done this any number of times with different hardware that I am installing onto.
Did you follow the directions in the README file as follows?

If you are setting up an installation tree for NFS, FTP, or HTTP
installations, you need to copy the RELEASE-NOTES files and all files
from the RedHat directory on discs 1-3. On Linux and Unix systems, the
following process will properly configure the /target/directory on
your server (repeat for each disc):
1) Insert disc
2) mount /mnt/cdrom
3) cp -a /mnt/cdrom/RedHat /target/directory
4) cp /mnt/cdrom/RELEASE-NOTES* /target/directory
5) umount /mnt/cdrom

Of course you can mount the iso images via loop device instead of mounting cdrom disc. But did you copy contents as indicated from each iso image?

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021