RE: About RULE for FC1, was: 486 install?

At 13:23 4/1/2004, you wrote:
If all you want is file serving, as long as you have disk space, just do
a minimal text install with no X/GUI and use NFS or Samba.
Travis Fraser

Ah, that sounds wonderful. If I do so, at the boot prompt is it 'linux no-x' or do I simply not select any of the X options and desktop options? This must go through linux text install since the video cards aren't handling the regular gui install at all, so RULE sounded quite attractive for what I needed.

At the boot prompt you should type "linux text" (you'll notice it actually says that somewhere on screen, so no need to memorize). For this kind of machine, install the box with *all* package groups deselected. This will give you a 505MB install, roughly speaking. You can then trim about 100MB from that number if necessary by eliminating unnecessary packages (see the archives of the fedora-minimal list on my website [1] for more detail).