kmail lost old folders/emails

Hi,

wrt: kmail

I had FC1 as per the CD ISO's installed and working for a day, I had coppied my old
user accounts (from RH9.0) accross - totally replacing anything Fedora created.

When I login, it says the 'Desktop' has changed, and its makes a link to the old one,
and thats fine.

When I ran Kmail, all was well - it saw all the folders and emails I had before.

Then yesterday I got all the latest packages through up2date:

yum fedora-core-1 http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/$ARCH/os/
yum updates-released http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/$ARCH/
#yum updates-testing http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-1

I don't think there was a new kmail, but I don't know if it is included as part of another rpm...

Anyway, while it was downloading the rpm's (so it had not even installed them yet, but maybe
rhn-applet-2.1.4-3.i386.rpm had been installed), I had kmail open and things started to
go wrong.

First I got error messages when clicking on an existing folder, that it could not read it, because
it was either not in 'maildir' format, or it did not have permissions to read it (this is as root).

So I closed kmail and re-opened it - now it only has the default folders and all the existing
ones don't show up.

Even in the inbox, new emails show up, but the existing old ones (that are in the correct
place) do not show up.

All the filters and ID's are still in kmail, just fine, its just the folders and emails that have gone.

Another note: that link to the old desktop that was made at the start, also dissapeared.

Anyone any ideas ? Or have any questions ?

Thanks,
John.

ps. after the up2date, I don't use the latest kernel because it does not see the mouse, so I'm
still running the original FC1.0 kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl

Express yourself with cool emoticons - download MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger