Re: Q) Using cups from Windows-2000 machine

On 02-Apr-2004, d l wrote:
> In cups, create a new print queue for your printer, and
> wrap it under a printer class. You can then add printer in
> windows with the path:
> ipp://linux_box:631/printer_class_name

It's been suggested in various documentations to use this url
http://cupshost:631/printers/queue_name

Although, it didn't work for me and I had to use samba (need to add
"use client drivers = yes" to smb.conf in addition to "printing =
cups" and "printcap name = cups").

> Just to make sure you enable raw printing in cups
> mime.types
> and things will fail......

Huh?

I uncommented application/octet-stream entries in /etc/cups/mime.*
if that what you meant. But that did not make "things fail".

Ronny