Re: help with firefox issue?

Am Fr, den 02.04.2004 schrieb Dave Stevens um 02:32:
> I'm using FC1 and firefox 0.8. Last night I downloaded some themes from the
> list given in the firefox themes list. "Walnut" DLed ok and installed simply
> so I tried a couple others that looked good. Both took an extremely long time
> then I cancelled the Dl, not being that interested. Now Firefox refuses to
> start, giving the message "error loading browser window: no XBL binding for
> browser."
>
> I backed up the firefox folder and downloaded the Fedora rpm for 0.8-1 and SUd
> and installed it. It shows up in the menu but when I click on the item the HD
> whirrs for a minute then no browser. So I have successfully made the error
> message go away.
>
> Ideas? references? abuse?

If you installed the themes as user they (and all other broken settings)
are in your ~/.phoenix dir, so it should not be necessary to reinstall
from rpm.

If there's a lock file in  ~./phoenix/default/<random number>.slt delete
it. Next you can try removing XUL.mfasl from the same directory. If this
does not work try removing the folder chrome, that's where themes and
other extensions are stored.

Does firefox work for other users?

Christoph