up2date

Hi,

I just installed Fedora core 1 (yarrow).

The up2date warning icon is flashing away (red (!) in gnome)...

but when I try to run up2date, I just get blocked by error messages:

* when run rhn_register

Invalid Architecture and OS release combination (1, i686-redhat-linux).
Your system has been registered, but will not receive updates
because it is not subscribed to a channel. If you have not yet
activated your product for service, please visit our website at:

    http://www.redhat.com/now

...to activate your product.

* when run up2date

This system may not be updated until it is associated with a channel.

So can anyone tell me how to register/associate my machine with which
channel in order to get the updates ?

Please, start from scratch, what do I do first, second, ...

Thanks,
John.

ps. the very first time I ran up2date, it did start downloading rpm's, but there was a
problem with one of the X11 things (a bad pgp key ?) and so it stopped, and since
then, whatever I run/configure/install/register - I just get errors...

I even tried downloading the latest up2date-4.1.21-3.i386.rpm, but when I try to
install it won't let me - it really wants to hang on to the current rpm, and won't let
me install/upgrade to the new one.

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger