Re: Best AntiVirus for Fedora Core 1

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 06:18, Chalonec Roger wrote:
> I am wondering if I need antivirus.  I am using an FTP/SFTP server.
> Does ClamAV scan uploaded files that are SFTP?  Do I need an OS
> level antivirus?  Some have told me that Av is not needed on Linux.
>  I am not planning on running windows stores.  A user will send a
> file to the server with SFTP and a user will retrieve the file via
> SFTP.  However, both users will likely be using windows based
> systems.
>
> Thanks for your time.

Only you can answer this question.  How is your system used and what
expertise do your users have?

For example, take the scenario where a Windows user uploads a file
that has a virus.  A couple of month's later another Windows user
downloads the same file and infects his machine.  Will you know, for
certain, that the cause of the second user's infection was the file
that was downloaded or will it take another few months and another
few users getting infected to figure out what's going on?

Regards,  Mike Klinke