RE: fam and logwatch

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mike Klinke
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 08:49
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: fam and logwatch

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 08:30, Greg Ennis wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm being flogged to death this log file... I would sure appreciate
> some help.  My 'message' and 'secure' logs are way too LARGE!  I
> apologize for sending this request again!
>
> Any ideas as a starting place for me?
>
> Greg

Have you reviewed this bug?

http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/long_list.cgi?buglist=74696

Perhaps the:

flags = NOLIBWRAP

addition that is discussed provides some help for you.

Regards,  Mike Klinke

Mike,

Thanks very much.  I read the bug report and have added the flag.  I am also having
problems
with the gnome interface so  this problem may be affected gnome as well.  Looks like
there
is another FC1 user in the bug report that has a the same problem.  I'll watch mine
to see
if the flag fixes things and  then make a report to bugzilla myself.

Thanks again for your help!!!

Greg