Re: Advice please Java / php / html

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:15:47 +0200 Chadley Wilson <chadley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am busy building a website for our production line,
> I know a bit of html nut there are things that need doing that I cant
> work out in html. I know I am being very vague here but I was wondering
> what would be easier to learn online, and could some one point me in the
> right direction to some sites that could teach me please?

for all its weaknesses, PHP will probably get you where you want to
go fastest.

well architected java systems will scale better, but for most simple apps,
java is overkill.

the PHP book i started with, _Core PHP_, is actually not a very good
book and i'd not buy it again. _PHP_ from Hungry minds is at some
level a silly book, but it actually might get you going pretty quickly,
even while you whine about how silly it is.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx