KDE with duel heads - for referance

While opening KDE I started exiting programs and starting others before
it was fully initialized and scrambled my GUI so badly that the only the
mouse worked on screen0. Symptoms included -- on screen0 only screen1
totally unaffected;
1) Unable to get more than 1 virtual screen.
2) Crash when trying to change the backround.
3) No keyboard.
4) No window decorations.
5) Root and other users unaffected.

I moved the .kde directory in my home directory and all references in /~
and /tmp. This cleared all my preferences and allowed me to fix the
error.

This allowed me to fix the error/bug/corruption.
Is there a more direct less invasive way to effect repairs?
--
jludwig <wralphie@xxxxxxxxxxx>