Re: alsa modules loaded but alsamixer won't work

Am So, den 28.03.2004 schrieb Bert Haskins um 17:51:

> >didn't work
> >alsamixer gives the same error even as root
> >
> Yes, also diid < above > and have no alsaconf or alsaconfig ,,,
> reinstall says that the files are installed but find files can't find
> any of them.
> Why?????
> I am root.
>
> Alsa is weird or at least poorly documented.
> I sware that if I ever get it figured out, I'll do a writeup
> that meer mortals can understand.
>
> Thanks,
>     Bert

Which ALSA packages did you have installed?

rpm -qa "*alsa*" | sort

This command will print out the list of packages with alsa in the name.
From package name we should be able to see who is the packager, maybe
fedora.us or freshrpms.net.

If I run "rpm -qf /usr/sbin/alsaconf" I get: alsa-utils-1.0.2-1.fr

So we need more information to track your problems down. I personally
feel ALSA not so bad documented. On the project site you even can get a
working configuration without need for running alsaconf. And there are
additional information too. but good howtos and background information
written for non-experts are always highly welcomed! :)

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 18:01:54 up 9 days, 1:43, load average: 0.05, 0.12, 0.09
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]