logrotate

Having setup yum to update automatically, I have noticed that the
logfile isn't being rotated.  This led me to look at cron.daily and
logrotate for the first time.  I am clearly missing something, and
wonder if anyone can explain.

On my standard core 1 build, cron.daily runs /etc/cron.daily/logrotate

This runs /usr/sbin/logrotate using /etc/logrotate.conf

In terms of which logs are rotated, the only relevant entry in this conf
file seems to be include /logrotate.d

This directory includes a number of files, including yum, which contains

/var/log/yum.log {
    missingok
    notifempty
    size 30k
    create 0600 root root
}

There are other logs being rotated, e.g. messages, cron, maillog that
are being rotated that do not seem to be mentioned here.  And yum.log
seems never to have been located in over a month.  What am I missing?

Thanks

Steve

--

(o<     www.stevesearle.com