Re: zip disk format

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 16:12, Gerhard Magnus wrote:
> Here's a problem I've been fiddling around with for awhile without
> success.  I'm still running RH8 but, as it's all UNIX, I'm assuming the
> situation will be the same when I finally get around to upgrading to
> Fedora.
>
> I'd like to be transfer files on a zip disk between work (a mac
> environment running OS X) and home (Linux).  How should I format the disk
> so I can mount it on the Linux system and what parameters should I use
> for the mount command?  It seems the mac OS X system can read from and
> write to any format, but I can't get anything to work on the Linux end.
> Could it be something in my /etc/fstab file that's interfering with this?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
> Jerry
 	Just to add my $.02 to what Andre said, most zips are formatted
such that the information is on the 4th partition (that's the reason for the hdd4)
Try mounting your zip that way. you could also look in the hardware
browser to see if kudzu is trying to automount it (not sure if RH8 will
do that) or possibly do a cat /dev/scsi/scsi one of those should tell
you where to mount it at.
Also, if someone has reformatted your disk it may not have a 4th
partition, you might try just hdb, or hdb1 or whatever. the disk is more
than likely formatted vfat if that helps

Scott