Re: adsl connected

hicham ha scritto:

hello thanks guys

successfully connected a speedtouch modem used the latest speedtouchconf.sh now that I am connected a silly question how I disconnect ?

are the any "kppp" like inteface or  an applet to dock
in kde bar menu with blinkin light, like kppp does ?

hicham

Yahoo! Mail : votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout ! Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.benefits.yahoo.com/

You can connect by:: /etc/init.d/speedtouch start
You can disconnect by:: /etc/init.d/speedtouch stop

But thanks to the Kurt Sabathy's "How to" I modified the menu of Gnome so I got:

- Internet
   |- Speedtouch
           |- Start
           |- Stop

That's what I did (it's the modified Kurt Sabathy's "How-to"):

How-To Add a Submenu To The Default Folder Structure
This sample assume that we want to add a sub-menu 'SpeedTouch' with two options 'Start' and 'Stop' to the 'Internet' menu in the default Main Menu on the panel.
The OpSystem is Fedora Cora 1, custom installation with all pkg's.
Tree of the 'Main Menu' in the default Panel with nodes / submenu's
only (no launcher-obj):

Tree: Application # root/main menu-icon on the panel
snip:

|-- Internet
| |__ .......
| |
| |__ SpeedTouch < < NEW sub-submenu
| ^^^^^^^|^^^^
| |__ Start < < NEW sub-sub-submenu
| |__ Stop < < NEW sub-sub-submenu
(1) Edit File "applications.menu"
----------------------------

Add the new sub-folder/sub-menu to the applications.menu file i.e.
the definition file of the whole Menu Structure:

° make a backup copy of the file to edit.

° as ROOT edit file '/etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu'
- carefully search the folder 'Internet';
Note: the folder's <Name> is a script-variable and may be something
different.

   <!-- Internet -->
   <Folder>
     <Name>Internet</Name>
     <Desktop>Internet.directory</Desktop>
     <Query>
       <And>
         <Keyword>X-Red-Hat-Base</Keyword>
         <Keyword>Application</Keyword>
         <Keyword>Network</Keyword>
       </And>
     </Query>

<!-- Alcatel Speedtouch (THE NEW MENU) -->
<Folder>
<Name>Accesso remoto</Name>
<Desktop>Speedtouch.directory</Desktop>
<Query>
<And>
<Keyword>Speedtouch</Keyword>
</And>
</Query>
<DontShowIfEmpty/>
</Folder>

<!-- More Internet -->
<Folder>
<Name>More Internet</Name>
<Desktop>Internet-More.directory</Desktop>
<Query>
<And>
<Keyword>Application</Keyword>
<Keyword>Network</Keyword>
<Not><Keyword>X-Red-Hat-Base-Only</Keyword></Not>
<Not><Keyword>X-Red-Hat-Base</Keyword></Not>
</And>
</Query>
<DontShowIfEmpty/>
</Folder>
<DontShowIfEmpty/>
</Folder>

° save file

(2) Edit The *.directory Files ---------------------------- Edit for every sub-menu a file [name].directory, where [name] is the defined name in tag <Desktop>Speedtouch.directory</Desktop> of the previous changed 'applications.menu' file.

For locally use save it to a user dir and create a symLink in the pre-
defined global subdirectory '/usr/share/desktop-menu-files/'.

° as <USER> create local directory e.g.
           $ mkdir ~/.gnome/apps/menu-files
           $ cd    ~/.gnome/apps/menu-files
° create a NEW file [name].directory:

$ [edit] ./Speedtouch.directory   # any meaningful name

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Speedtouch # you see THIS name in the panel sub-menu
Name[it]=Speedtouch # in Italian
Name[en]=Speedtouch # in English
Comment=Connessione remota tramite Alcatel Speedtouch # you see THIS tip-text
Comment[it]=Connessione remota tramite Alcatel Speedtouch # tip-text in Italian
Comment[en]=Remote connection by Alcatel Speedtouch # tip-text in English
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/neat.png
Type=Directory
Terminal=0

° as ROOT create symbolic Link in global *.directory dir to local dir:

$ su
$ cd /usr/share/desktop-menu-files
$ ln -s /home/<user>/.gnome/apps/ \
menu-files/Speedtouch.directory \
./Speedtouch.directory

(3) Edit The *.desktop Files ---------------------------- Now create the following 2 files in /usr/share/applications/:

1) /usr/share/applications/gnome-speedtouch-start.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Connetti
Comment=Avvio Modem Alcatel Speedtouch
Exec=/etc/init.d/speedtouch start
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/applet-okay.png
Categories=GNOME;Application;Speedtouch;X-Red-Hat-Base;
StartupNotify=true
X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.3
OnlyShowIn=GNOME;

2) /usr/share/applications/gnome-speedtouch-start.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Disconnetti
Comment=Arresto Modem Alcatel Speedtouch
Exec=/etc/init.d/speedtouch stop
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/applet-disconnect.png
Categories=GNOME;Application;Speedtouch;X-Red-Hat-Base;
StartupNotify=true
X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.3
OnlyShowIn=GNOME;

I hope that helps you as it did me! (Thanks Kurt!)

Ciao,
Nino

--
http://www.vessella.it (italiano, esperanto, kiswahili, english) http://www.changamano.org (Iniziative di solidarietà per la Tanzania)